- Find office space for operational base in Hong Kong.
- Outfit space for office and warehouse within a defined budget
- Hire and manage a small team to support buying and warehousing functions
- Maintain financial viability for P&L responsibility for HK Office operations and staff
- Develop vendor base to procure materials for our China electronic assembly operation
- Develop, review, and implement structural procurement policies and processes for procurement activities within the general office and warehouse.
- Design and implement an organizational procurement strategy
- Oversee the maintenance of the supplier database
- Participate in project briefings with business heads and vendors and provide expert advice to support procurement decision-making and solutions to issues
- Establish and monitor performance standards and evaluation processes to assess and provide updates on procurement activity and share with business leads, Finance Director and Managing Director
- Goal to reduce costs by 10% over US Based Standard Cost by procuring direct from China
- Manage $10M in procured electronic components, metals, plastics, cable harnesses and transformers
- University degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area
- Minimum 10 years of solid sourcing experience for electronic components and mechanical parts.
- Demonstrated expertise and performance excellence in procurement management and contracts negotiation/management
- A team player at senior levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, finance, and HR
- Well-developed business and financial management capability, and a keen understanding of the business equation and how business and sourcing/procurement decisions impact financials such as P&L and Balance Sheet
- Team supervisory experience, ability to provide guidance and appropriate training to team members
- Excellent skills in MS Office, data management & analysis
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Mandarin Chinese a must
- Previous experience working for a large EMS Contract Manufacturer a positive
- Supply chain management, economics, finance, operations procurement, management procurement.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal intervention from management.
- Ability to travel to the USA and train for a minimum of 3 months.
- Travel within China to visit Vendors frequently
- Travel to the USA semi annually