The District Security Manager is responsible for the client’s security operations within China and may include other Asia- Pacific areas. The Manager oversees the implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and programs across the region, product lines, and locations. The position also manages the administrative offices, employee travel risks, and all other related security matters.Essential Functions:
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.The Essential Functions Include:
1. Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Provide leadership and daily management of security personnel.
3. Identify, develop, implement, and maintain security processes and strategies across all operating units to reduce security-related risks;
a. Respond to incidents, limit exposure to liability or regulatory compliance, and reduce the client’s financial loss.
4. Identify significant security risks;
a. Design and implement strategies and programs to prevent and reduce loss of the client’s assets.
5. Establish appropriate standards and risk controls associated with intellectual property, key employee security, product counterfeiting and related issues at the facility level.
6. Coordinate and implement site security operations to ensure the safety of all employees and the protection of information assets.
7. Research and deploy technical solutions to safeguard corporate assets and employees.
8. Coordinate and manage preventive programs and services to protect against business disruptions in a cost effective manner.
9. Liaison with Global Security leadership and local Facility Security Managers to provide updates regarding security-related issues.
10. Provide briefings to the Regional Security Manager on the status of security issues impacting operations and integrate into the business units operations within the geographic region.
11. Anticipate process partner needs and provide high priority to satisfaction and service.
12. Develop collaborative relationships;
a. Provide expertise, technical guidance, and training to ensure effective security services are carried out effectively with sensitivity to country and cultural variety.
13. In collaboration with the Regional Security Manager and District Managers, develop and maintain relationships with emergency responders which includes, but is not limited to, country law enforcement, fire specialists, and medical first care providers.
14. In collaboration with the Regional Security Manager, develop action plans to mitigate security risks to the client’s assets, while still maintaining a high level of operational and technical processes.
15. Partner with Global Security Crisis management, the Regional Security Manager, and District Security Managers to supplement a robust crisis management process and work with agencies to develop business contingency/continuity plans for emergency.
16. Develop and manage the capital and expense budget for security operations for the assigned geographic region.
17. All other duties, as assigned. Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Senior High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country’s age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in China.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in a relevant area of study with at least ten years of with a major law enforcement, military, intelligence, public service, and/or private sector security organization. International security experience is required.Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- Major law enforcement, military, Intelligence, public service, and/or private sector security experience.
- Bi-lingual written and verbal skills; English and Chinese.
- Understanding and application of security in different cultures and across different countries.
- International environment (APAC specific) experience in order to develop global sensitivity awareness.
- Experience with developing relationships with the U.S. Embassy staff and Regional Security Officers.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Business acumen needed to meld legal and technical requirements.
- Solid project management skills with demonstrated record to lead and execute security compliance and risk mitigation programs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse global cultures and business environments.
- Able to interact and influence senior management to further the Global Security strategy and programs.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- May perform job both indoors and outdoors, including industrial and/or manufacturing environments, construction sites, recreation venues, rural and urban street settings, etc., in widely varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Moderate travel, up to 50% required.