Reporting to: Chief Risk Officer/Chief Compliance Officer
CCBNZ Group is looking for a Compliance Manager to join their Auckland office. This role will directly report to the CRO/Chief Compliance Officer.
Assume full responsibility for overseeing and executing CCBNZ’s AML/CFT policies and procedures, while providing regular reporting to the CRO, the Executive Management Team and CCB’s Head Office in Beijing. About CCB
China Construction Bank Corporation (CCB) is a leading corporate bank in China providing a comprehensive range of corporate and commercial banking products and services.
CCB is among the market leaders in China in a number of products and services, including infrastructure loans, residential mortgage and bank cards.
China Construction Bank (New Zealand) Limited (CCBNZ) is the wholly-owned subsidiary of CCB Group. CCB NZ runs a wholesale and retail banking business, offering integrated and high quality financial services including corporate and commercial loans, trade finance & FX, Treasury facilities, residential lending, with cross-border transactions for Chinese and New Zealand enterprises.
In December 2017, CCB obtained its wholesale banking license to operate in New Zealand as a Branch (New Zealand Branch), creating the New Zealand Banking Group.Responsibilities:
• Monitoring and ensuring continuing compliance with the obligations of the AML/CFT Act and implementation of the
programme, subject to the ongoing oversight of the Board and Senior Management, including appropriate compliance testing;
• Being familiar with the AML/CFT requirements in NZ, including by keeping up to date with changes or developments;
• Acting as a central point for the receipt and review of unusual or potentially suspicious transactions;
• Investigating any potentially suspicious transactions and advise staff on the next course of action and maintaining
records to ensure Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) are filed where appropriate and records are maintained;
• Ensure that breaches are mitigated and remediated which may include conducting further CDD, exiting a customer, or submitting an STR;
• Ensuring that the AML/CFT Programme is regularly reviewed and audited in line with the AML/CFT Act requirements;
• Liaising and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders of the Bank, Regulators and Front Office staff;
• Developing and providing trainings and updates to employees of the Bank;
• Monitoring regulatory climate, industry enforcement actions and taking a pro-active role in interactions with the Chief Risk officer/Compliance Officer;
• Assisting in completing and analysing the Compliance Risk Assessment to ensure full compliance with internal and external regulation.
• You will be currently working in a Compliance role in the NZ financial services industry;
• Experience in providing compliance advisory support to other Departments in the Bank and key stakeholder;
• Direct experience in overseeing AML/CFT policies to ensure full compliance is essential;
• Strong knowledge of the regulatory and internal control requirements related to the Bank;
• Ability to identify issues and know when to escalate, and to meet tight deadlines;
• Good presentation skills, articulate, ability to communicate at all levels;
• Ability to use initiative and work unsupervised in a proactive manner;
• Collaborative and flexible approach to work.
For more information please contact our HR Manager in New Zealand on +64 9 3388298 or firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online with a cover letter and CV.