The Brand Protection Investigator will support the client’s Global Brand Protection team with the Brand Protection program implementation in China and by collecting market intelligence, evaluating leads, completing due diligence and fact gathering assignments. This position will be responsible for analyzing investigative information regarding selling/manufacturing of counterfeit parts, supplier unauthorized sales and diverted/parallel parts.
The Investigator will work conduct dealer surveys to determine purchase practices in an assigned market. They will also establish brand and trademark awareness with region and dealer network and assist with other special projects, as necessary.Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Collect market intelligence by means such as market surveys, trade show attendance, and engagement with company, dealer and authorized sales channel personnel.
- Evaluate leads as assigned, performing due diligence and fact gathering, leading to the development of a GBP Fact Sheet.
- Conduct proactive and reactive investigations of counterfeit selling/manufacturing of parts in for the assigned market;
- Assist a network of investigators to address counterfeit activities.
- Help coordinate 3rd party covert investigations and resulting raids.
- Assist local enforcement agencies and investigators as a subject matter expert.
- Single point of contact; manage case files with investigators and region.
- Create Fact Sheet and Anaqua request to be submitted to GBP.
- Conduct proactive and reactive investigations of supplier unauthorized sales of parts in the assigned market;
- Purchase parts, conduct analysis with PD/engineering, and develop Fact Sheet for GBP.
- Conduct pre-meetings with appropriate regional personnel (STA, Production and Service purchasing, PD, and OGC, as necessary).
- Issue Cease and Desist letters/written supplier notifications.
- Review and supervise supplier sales disclosures.
- Conduct Supplier meetings and participate in supplier negotiations for settlement and financial recovery.
- Draft Settlement Agreements between Supplier and client.
- Conduct proactive and reactive investigations of diverted and parallel parts in the assigned market:
- Investigate diverted parts to the market.
- Monitor Company and partner internal scrap processes.
- Supplier site visits to assess scrap processes and internal controls.
- Conduct dealer surveys to determine dealer purchase practices in assigned market;
- Conduct dealer parts sourcing reviews/loyalty assessment.
- Investigate original source and distribution channels.
- Support field operations/warranty operations in part sales verification.
- Maintain database for all investigations and create reports for internal meetings and high level case recap for GBP and regional management.
- Attend enforcement actions with the relevant agencies.
- Support regional Compliance Specialist, as needed.
- Build brand and trademark awareness within region and dealer network.
- Support marketing initiatives to promote genuine, original equipment parts with consumers and dealer network.
- Assist with development of special projects, as necessary.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Knowledge and experience in security-based brand protection, investigative techniques, and mechanical engineering (specific to automotive parts manufacturing and/or distribution) is critical to the position.