- APPLY NOW!
APPLICATION ENGINEER - LINUX
Digital Services Cambridge Limited (DSCL) Manila is looking for an experienced Support Analyst who will focus on the support of systems for Cambridge Assessment, running Linux operating systems using Apache Tomcat for the web tier.
The key focus of the role is to support the rapidly expanding Linux systems and the multiple applications and technologies that interact with and rely upon them. The successful candidate will review, maintain, troubleshoot and correct critical production systems in a busy data centre environment while maintaining best practice as suggested by ITIL and industry principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This role requires strong background in Linux administration and application support skills.
- Degree level education, or equivalent real life experience
- Experience in Linux administration, including Red Hat and Debian
- Working knowledge of virtualisation technology, using VMware or Hyper-V
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of IIS and Apache Tomcat in a web hosting environment
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, DHCP
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with good customer focus
- Demonstrates competent understanding of the 3 tier application structure
- Working knowledge in JAVA and .NET applications support
- Experience in collaborative Agile QA and Development
- Experience in Security principles and practice
- LPIC-2 Certification is desirable
- ITIL v3 Foundation level
- Oracle Database knowledge, data manipulation and reporting
- Shell Scripting and Windows PowerShell
- Puppet Automation
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of Networking, including firewall and load balancers such a Working knowledge of Service Management Processes
COMPANY OVERVIEW: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
We are deeply rooted in the brand identity of Cambridge University Press UK, the oldest publishing house in the world and the oldest university press. It is also the publishing business of the University of Cambridge, one of the world’s leading universities and research institutions.
The Manila office was set up in 2003 when the Press decided to partly maintain its IT systems offshore. It was an attempt to provide a direction towards a new way of developing, implementing, and achieving software processes at a reasonable cost without compromising the brand’s character.
In 2012, the Manila office began to function as Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ). Through its new business identity the Manila office may now generate income by performing qualified services for the Press’s affiliates, subsidiaries, or branches globally.
And in 2014, Cambridge English Language Assessment (CELA) became one of our partners. It is the world’s largest provider of English language curriculums and qualifications for young learners and adults. It is also one of the international examination boards managed by Cambridge Assessment.
Today, the Manila office has grown to 400 plus personnel with expertise in the fields of Information Technology, Digital Publishing, and Customer Services. For thirteen years the Manila office has remarkably made exceptional service and technological contribution to the fulfilment of the Press’s goals and objectives. Currently, the organisation is making initiatives to developing new technological solutions and service innovations to meet the growing needs of our partners within the Cambridge community. Cambridge University Press and Cambridge Assessment are continually making investments to achieve their desired products and services that would enable current and future customers develop better online experience.
IT/Computers - Software
Full Time, Employee