The Researcher will support the Operations team through the completion of candidate-related employment screening/due diligence tasks and evaluation of business processes and case projects. The Researcher conducts all-source research, identifies intelligence gaps, consolidates data into appropriate reporting formats, and completes investigative case analysis. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
1.Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
2.Perform preparatory work for candidate review which meets the client requirements and industry standards; a.Complete employment screening and due diligence tasks and liaison with clients including online research, telephone inquiries, and global database searches.
b.Conduct all-source collection and research, analyze, evaluate, and integrate data from multiple sources, identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
c.Conduct media, legal, compliance, and regulatory research using proprietary databases and public domain sources.
3.Establish and maintain positive relationships with other Pinkerton Asia agents.
4.Design investigative approaches and tactics for review by the supervisor.
5.Partner with case-specific researcher teams to conduct highly complex investigations.
6.Prepare investigative cases by analyzing issues and studying documents, conducting research, and determining the chain of activities including; conducting interviews, surveys, analyses and data backups.
7.Evaluate business processes and case projects in terms of their risk, correctness, economic feasibility and quality, as well as by conducting interviews and preparing interim reports.
8.Prepare investigative reports for review by the manager and recommend further steps to be taken, including comprehensive presentation of the results of the investigation.
9.Prepare and present briefings on projects, studies, and analyses to mid/high level managers.
10.Provide critical front-line intelligence support to investigative and operational personnel.
11.All other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have completed Advanced Level Exams or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country age of majority requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Hong Kong.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree with at least two years of due diligence, corporate research, and/or investigations experience. Forensic auditor experience, preferred.
Forensic auditor, corporate research, due diligence and/or investigations experience.
Bi-lingual skills; Cantonese (spoken) and English plus traditional Chinese (written).
Able to organize and analyze evidence and investigative case files.
Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Strong problem resolution skills.
Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Analytical and critical review skills.
Project management skills.
Serve as an effective team member.
Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
Regular computer usage.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and/or kneeling.
Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
Travel, as required.