The Global Partner Manager is an individual contributor responsible for a wide range of activities including the day to day operational support of alliances partners (OEM & Distributors) across Asia Pacific. The Global Partner Manager will work alongside these partners as well as Regional Leadership to support go to market strategy. The candidate must be able to manage complex relationships with multiple stakeholders often with competing priorities.
Global Partner Manager responsibilities:
• Responsible for enabling and manage key/strategic OEM and Distribution partners across APAC.
• Leverage existing US partner relationships to efficiently drive in country/region agreements and programs that accelerate local business for our US, EMEA & APAC headquartered Global customers.
• Negotiate country/region framework agreements that result in measurable year-over-year business growth and margin enhancement.
• Support large/strategic global deals by working closely with our Global account teams and our key/strategic partners (in country teams & HQ/executive sponsors).
• Work with local teams in EMEA, APAC & the Americas to leverage key partner capabilities that augment our value proposition to our Global customers.
• Manage the overall partner life cycle (Find, Recruit, Contracts/Agreements & Process/Metrics/QBRs) to maximize country/region profitability. Own and manage the country specific partner roadmaps.
• Bachelor's Degree (required) or equivalent work experience within the Supply Chain/technology industry.
• 5+ years in procurement desirable with evidence with contract management. International business experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of the IT VAR industry, including experience with Global Distribution and OEM companies (Cisco, Dell EMC, NetApp, HPE, Ingram Micro, Arrow and Avnet).
• Strong partner networking across Asia and influence management skills resulting in driving actions to outcome and delivering results highly desirable.
• Proven track record of growth from partner delivered/supported business across all Global regions.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to travel (up to 25%).
• Good PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint)