The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day administration of hedge funds and will strive to be a one point contact to investment managers and funds’ investors. To carry out these duties, the successful applicant will lead a team of senior fund accountants and fund accountants to deliver timely and accurate fund administration services to our fund clients.
• Ensure that necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide complete, accurate and timely fund administration services to our clients.
• Review and ensure accuracy of daily / weekly / monthly NAV valuation of client funds.
• Monitor accuracy of fund expenses (management fee, performance fee etc.).
• Review funds’ share registry dealing orders and ensure all are processed in high accuracy and timely manner.
• Perform AML checks for investors.
• Implement FATCA and CRS programme to ensure client funds’ compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Review, manage and liaise with auditors for audits of client funds.
• Assist in pre launch phase of new client fund vehicles; launching of new fund and review operational procedure.
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
• Member of ACCA, HKICPA or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in fund administration industry.
• At least 2 years of experience in supervisory role.
• Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position of senior fund accountant.
• Good communications, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written English skills is a must, proficiency in Mandarin will be an advantage.
• Must have knowledge of general accounting and reconciliation practices and procedures.
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task and prioritise to deliver on time.
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
• Proficient in using PFS-Paxus will be an advantage.
• Having knowledge of transfer agency services, FATCA and CRS will be an advantage.
What can I do when my salary history makes me really expensive in my current job market? I dont want to take a huge salary cut, but I am not having success interviewing.
Ironically, years of experience or having valuable expertise can sometimes put you in a tough spot and leave you feeling frustrated and discouraged. You cannot control where